– Your payment goes toward the purchase of RAM, which is required by every EOS account. EOS RAM prices are in constant flux, so the payment may be off by a few percent. Additionally, we take a 20% processing fee. Usually the total will be < $2.
– What is EOS?
– EOS is one of top blockchains available on the market. EOS is super fast and scalable. More can be found at https://www.eos.io/
– Are EOS Transactions free of charge?
– Yes, EOS Transactions are free.
– Why should I pay for new account then?
– EOS is build as large decentralized operating system. EOS has limited resources unlike to other blockchains, so users operate with several items. In order to create new account, you need to buy RAM.
– What is RAM?
– RAM is pretty same term as in regular operating systems and hardware. So you have to get RAM for allocating something, in EOS case it is for example account.
– What is minimum requirement for RAM per 1 account?
– It is 4 KB of RAM.
– What is the price of RAM?
– Price will vary depending on time and other players of the EOS ecosystem. You can find realtime resource planner here https://www.eosrp.io/
– What other resources are in EOS?
– Other two main things are CPU price and Network price. CPU price meant on how many operations you can do with allocated EOS. Network is mainly for sending receiving data within EOS network. Important that these entities are renewable, so if you are regular user you need only a bit of these.
– What is staking in EOS?
– You can basically stake your EOS to different things. E.g. Network or CPU depending on needs. Also you can use EOS to vote for Block Producers. Unstaking however takes time, so it takes 72 hours.
– Who are Block Producers?
– Those are elected producers, voted by anyone with their EOS tokens. There are 21 block producers selected and that can be changed anytime. More can be found here http://eosnetworkmonitor.io/
ZEOS Service questions:
– How can I buy account?
– You can buy account by checking if name is available. Remember it has to be 12 symbols(a-z,1-5 only). Then you can register and pay for account
– Is it safe?
– Yes, ZEOS uses ALFAcoins as payment method. Transaction happens at ALFAcoins site and we just get the data once it’s completed
– Why should I buy account?
– There is a trick in EOS. To start using you have to have at least one account. Having one account gives you options to create accounts on your own.
– If I got account I still have no EOS on it?
– Right. ZEOS however funds you with small allocation(for CPU and Network, so you can do small operations), we fund 0.01 EOS for CPU and for Network. However you will have zero EOS, so you have to buy one outside(when exchanges will start working with EOS Mainnet)
– Can I buy EOS at ZEOS?
– It is coming in matter of days. We will update website on that matter and you can leave request in user cabinet/dashboard.
– How can I be sure I got EOS account?
– We generate a link to EOS blockchain once account is created.
– How can I be sure account is only under my control?
– EOS uses private and public key pairs for every account. You have to use safe way to create and then store you private keys. ZEOS will not know private pairs, as you should provide only public keys.
– Plenty, as long as you keep paying. It is still early days of EOS. You can buy some neat account names, and even try to sell them, some like “microsoftcom” got purchased in very first minutes.
– What is the safest way to create my public/private key pairs?
– There are tools around, but many of them are just for software programmers(so you can see code is safe and create public/private keys). Besides one of best tools is Scatter wallet, so you can create pairs in there, follow https://get-scatter.com/ and install their Chrome extension. It is very similar to Metamask(for Ethereum users).
– How To Create Keys via scatter? Go into Scatter chrome plugin Main Window -> Key Pairs -> NEW -> GenerateKey Pair. Then Click Copy, and paste wherever you would like to keep it. It will paste Public/Private Key pair. Make it two times, so you have them for Active and Owner keys. It's not necessary to use them in scatter afterwards, but for sure save it as Scatter might crash(as happened with MEW many times).
– You can use EOS tools, such as CLEOS to do it. However, it will take time to learn and install on how to do it.